Is Summer Stopping Your Business Growth?
“It’s all a matter of keeping my eyes open.” – Annie Dillard
This last week of June is creeping up on us!
How this month has flown. I am in Las Vegas right now and enjoying the extreme heat! We’re not used to these temperatures in Northern Alberta, but heck, a little sun burn and a wave of nausea… feels good for a short time!
I feel very lucky to take this time having fun with my sister, two glorious nieces and gracious cousins. Loving every moment!
However, I really had to keep myself on track… even on vacation.
You see, I made a commitment to keep working, not as much, but enough to keep the momentum… grabbing a few moments to keep up with messages, jotting what I would send you today in this newsletter…
I had to discipline myself to relax, yet maintain my commitment to build my business throughout this vacation and ultimately throughout the summer.
Yup, summer holidays and with the school kids running underfoot too! We tend to let this beautiful time of year dictate what we do and what we don’t do in our businesses!
My hope is you are enjoying the summer season whether you are going on vacation or staying home.And if you are an entrepreneur, you know you can’t lose sight of building your business even as you take a vacation break. And that’s what I wanted to share with you in this article. You still have work, a vision and desire even through the summer months.
If you consciously decide to maintain your To Do List of income generating activities, you will feel good about your results.
Here are a few tips to keep your vision intact as you laze, swim, travel and take time to enjoy yourself:
- Be yourself — trust yourself.
- Work. play and love strongly.
- Make your business such a safe place that you never experience failure or invalidation.
- If you make a mistake, try again.
- Ask for people’s opinions and then, don’t run your life on people’s opinions – run it on your own desires. Trust your gut instincts.
- Know what you don’t want. But then, turn it around and know what you do want. You will achieve it without invalidating who you are.
- Ask yourself over and over, what else does this mean? What else do you think? Especially if you’re afraid. That’s when you get the greatest understanding that you can make your life and your love of business work well for you.
- Now write it all down. Use your imagination to it’s fullest when it’s most relaxed. Imagine your perfect business day. Make it as clear as you possibly can.
- If the day is not coming out as clearly and vibrantly as you want, decide in the moment you will make the best of it and feel better than you may be feeling right now.
- Add a few items on your To Do List that will propel you closer to your desires.
- and keep going!
You’re doing a great job! And remember, always ask yourself why you want to achieve what you want. The answers come. The answers spur on more imagination and clarity.
Great job today!
P.S . If you’re considering seriously working from home, however feel the overwhelm of social media, website upgrades and costs of how to keep up, sign-up right now for my exclusive “5 Keys about how to reduce the stress and increase the productivity!”