Ever hear of the 90/10 Rule?
And those stories are either made up by yourself or someone else told you things about you. Are you ready to reduce tension?
First, here’s the good news.
More than 90% of the beliefs you operate out of and live by are someone elses.
And here's the great news: less than 10% are your own!
For example, a friend of mine who has been a follower of personal growth techniques for almost twenty years shared this the other day.
She discovered a bunch of negative beliefs she had about completing a project that had a due date looming. So we went through some of those beliefs. Here's are some of what kept rolling through her mind every time she thought about completing the project.
"I hope I don't…"
"I should have said…"
"The client won't like me if…"
"I always have a problem with…"
"I probably won't be able to finish anyway…"
"I can't believe how stupid I was to try this…"
She then said, “I’ve been working on these beliefs for over 20 years. But something is still there. It’s like the beliefs are sticky fly paper strips that won’t move!"
So why don’t those beliefs move out?
The reason for the difficulty and longevity is simple. Those were not hers in the first place!
You can’t budge, shift or change what’s not yours.
You can only let them go and send them back to their original owners… parents, siblings, friends, bosses, whoever told you something about yourself that has plagued you most of your life!
1. Find a comfortable chair in a quiet place.
2. Sit upright with hands in your lap and feet on the floor. (good posture begets great insights)
3. Close your eyes, take a deep breath and as you exhale, imagine your whole body relaxing. And once again, take a deep breath and relax.
4. Keep your eyes closed and imagine that you know where the tension or blocked energy sits in your body. Notice how it’s stuck there. Breathe deeply again and imagine you are expanding your body to allow it to have more space.
5. Imagine you are expanding space until your body is as big as the room you sit in. Give that energy block as much space as it wants.
6. Good job! Now imagine expanding your consciousness out into the yard, the neighborhood, town, state, country and as far as you want to imagine!
7. Next imagine that there is an energetic grounding cord connected from your tail bone down, down into the centre of the earth. Or you could visualize a tree trunk running from your spine deep into the earth.
8. Imagine the energy block is now loose and ready to fall down the tree trunk away from you. Down, down, down and away.
9. Allow any thoughts or feelings that say, “This is stupid.” Or “I don’t believe it.” Or “Ya, but, I can’t just let her opinion slide away so easily!” Allow those thoughts to flow down and away the same as the energetic block you gave more space. Let them slide down the trunk. Gravity will draw them away from you.
10. Now imagine more blocks show up that came from other people in your life. Let them also slide down. Keep doing this until you feel complete.
Great job today!